Wednesday, March 6, 2013

I'm coming for you Guatemala!

Así es la vida.  In English, this is the life.  And, honestly, I can't believe this life right now.

Tomorrow I leave for #Guatemala with Hearts in Motion.  I can sit here and try to imagine everything I will experience, the people I will meet and the things I will do, but that's the beauty of this trip.  It's all about the discovery.  The discovery of what life has to offer and what life looks like outside of my Pullman bubble.

There are twenty or so of us going from Washington State University.  A mixture of majors including nutrition, pre-medicine, nursing, and then there's me with the camera.  We've gone through our training, including Spanish classes, Guatemalan culture and have done our meet-and-greets.  I think I can speak for all of us when I say that we are ready to go.


However, when I say ready to go, I mean in reality I am sitting in the middle of basically my entire closet.  I have five things of bug spray...which I have no idea how that added up so fast.



 You will continue to see Así es la vida throughout my posts.  This theme to me compels me to meet someone every day and to open my mind to lives outside of my own.  What this program as a whole means to me is the opportunity to truly explore that saying "World Class: Face to Face"  and to literally meet a new face each day, and my hope is to bring you the life of that new face each day.

However, today, right now, this is the life of a anxious backpack journalist, ready to hit the road and brutally aware of how bad she is at packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment