Thursday, March 19, 2015

Our Last Day

Our Last Day
By: Selena Alvarado

Today was our last day in La Palma and Playa Blanca working with the sea turtle conservation group. I am excited to go back home and finish up the school year but at the same time I am sad to leave this beautiful country.

We went out to the beach again to find turtles to save but unfortunately we struck out again. We waited for six hours but no turtles. We got to relax on the beach instead which was nice. The weather was not that great though. It began to rain after we set our net and made our way to shore. I can say that will probably be the only time I wear a swimsuit in the rain.

As I was swimming today I also got bit or stung by some sea creature.  It stung like a shot at the doctor’s office for a good 10 seconds then went away. We were never able to figure out what it was but the biologist on site said it could have been a baby jellyfish. I can now say I’ve been stung by a jellyfish, right?

It was tough saying bye to everyone at the sea turtle project but I am glad for my time here. This was a great opportunity I thought I would never have, but thanks to the Murrow College I am able to do projects like these.

Ciao. 


No comments:

Post a Comment